Tuesday, July 22, 2008

cream puff

the last few days i've been a good little girl, and spent most of my time toiling away at the sewing machine. i've been finishing up some custom skirt orders, and making a few to sell! as much as i sometimes complain about sewing, i have to admit i've really loved seeing how each different weight and texture of fabric drapes once it's all sewn up into a skirt! here's a few photos of the skirts i've made, for custom orders and, of course, for the shop!

mustard cotton


navy cotton


black linen


black satin


natural linen



i'd like to make a few floral print skirts soon, for the tail end of summer, but i've also started thinking about fall colors and patterns - i'm definitely thinking some nice wool or flannel plaids would be comfy and amazing for autumn!

8 comments:

jessica ann said...

these are soo good. i'm really gravitating towards the gray one but i'm so broke :(

emily said...

the satin one is so pretty and i wish i wasn't on a shopping ban or i would buy one! i love your style sosososo much. <3

G & W said...

number one, your blog is so fresh that i just have to link you

number two, i love my skirtsss! you are so good at making them that i am totally going to do a post on your etsy shop!

Anonymous said...

Soon as I get a credit card set up, I am getting paypal and buying 500 of these.

Meg said...

I'm trying very hard to see how you have made them so I can try to make my own.

i really want one, and they don't look difficult to make at all.

Ringo, have a banana! said...

Mustard and natural linen are the best! Way to go dude, you've got skills :n )

AlicePleasance said...

I discovered your store and your blog only today and I'm in love with this skirts (the mustard cotton one is my favorite!) and with the fab fascinators :-)

Ilya said...

Love the feather headband! Check out my Fancy Feather Lashes at www.capturedimagination.com/lashes.html. I'll have peacock lashes up soon.