Friday, July 11, 2008

black tulips




i definitely have to admit that i am one of the many adoring fans of miu miu's spring 2008 line. the fabrics, the textures but most of all, those silhouettes! for nearly a year i've been daydreaming of tulip-shaped mini skirts and jewel toned lolita dresses. of course, there is no chance in the world of me being able to actually own a miu miu (ha!), but i realized long ago that all i really needed to do was spend an afternoon with a few yards of fabric and my sewing machine. it's taken me a while but today i finally got a chance to put my creative juices to work and a couple of hours later, voila! i have my very own tulip shaped circle skirt!








this one is made of a nice, shiny, drapey floral-embossed black polyester. i also managed to get my hands on a few other weights and textures of fabrics from the fabric warehouse the other day, and i can't wait to see how they're going to drape!

(pssst, this skirt is up for sale on my etsy, and i'm also taking custom color/size/fabric orders!)

2 comments:

jessica ann said...

oh my gosh i'm so jealous! that skirt is so lovely and i adore the fabric you used! if i ordered one are there different colors or anything? xoxo

Meg said...

I also love experimenting with my sewing machine, how did you manage to just create that?