Saturday, August 23, 2008

the king of pop

 i recently dug up an old copy of michael jackson's moonwalker and first of all, it may just be the oddest movie i have ever seen. lots of sequins, leather, and weird creepy 80's claymation. HOWEVER, once you looked past the confusing plot line and the strange time warp feeling, there is no denying the fact that michael jackson circa 1988 was a fashion icon. the way he referenced the 1950's greasers and teddy boys, combined creepers and motorcycle jackets and threw some sequins on top was totally new and totally amazing. of course, like everything groundbreaking, he may have been a little extreme - but i don't think it would hurt a bit to borrow a few tips from the man who invented the moon-walk. 





my mj polyvore:



how would you work a little mj into your wardrobe?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh yeaaah I want!
bisouu

Angela said...

I feel like I'd definitely have to do the slightly cropped black pant with white socks.

Definitely.

Ruby Hoppen said...

Hey I think your blog is cute! It's like pink raindrops or something! Anyway, one when I was thirteen I did a play about Michael jackson. it was very dramatic. I think I played about one million characters and I couldn't moonwalk, so I got my brother to do it for me. I'd run offstage and he would come on in the same costume and pretend to be me, pretending to be MJ.