Thursday, June 26, 2008

hair peace

to quickly catch you up: i have lived my entire life in California, bouncing between Orange County and San Francisco (where i go 
to school for Fashion Design). But for the past 3 or 4 weeks, i've been "living" in Phoenix, Arizona. let me tell you something about Phoenix: it is hot. very hot. like 120 degrees every day hot.  it does weird things to your skin and hair. Despite the countless deep conditioners, leave-in treatments and an effort to protect my hair from t
he elements, it still constantly feels like a dry bale of hay, and looks about as good. Needless to say, i'm excited to get back to the California coast where my hair actually behaves itself. I've been lucky enough to have the chance to swim in a pool (luxury!) the past few days which was lovely, but the chlorine managed to strip almost all of the blue right out of my hair. so it's already back to platinum (or, really, at the moment, a very very strange shade of blonde and blue) and i am back to a clean slate! please observe the effects of arizona on my poor hair:

i recently picked up these two shades of temporary hair dye from Sally's, and i can't decide which to do next! 

 


i think i am leaning toward the pink, it's just so dreamy and romantic a la some of my favorite fashion icons: gwen stefani circa 1999, and marie antoinette:



this photo of rachel mcadams reminds me of 80's Barbie, so so good.
but i also really, really love the lisa-frank wonderfulness of this girls bangs, and it would utilize BOTH colors, hmm...


opinions?



ps: soon to come, a post on the effect of LOCATION on a peron's wardrobe. i have noticed i dress in distinctly different ways depending on whether i am in San Francisco, Orange County or, now, Phoenix, and i believe it has to do with more than just the weather. have any of you found this to be true?

3 comments:

jessica ann said...

aww i hope you have a safe trip home! you need to come back to SF so we can hang out miss! i think i'd love pink in your hair. actually, purple would look lovely as well but i'm leaning more towards the pink. so romantic imo! i agree with you about places- when i'm at work (i work from home) i don't care about my appearance really! xo

Anonymous said...

I find that last bit to be very true -- I realize that I can't get away with the same outfits in certain places so I adjust to suit my location. I think that a lot of time that that is a bad thing. For instance, right now I live somewhere that stifles my creativity when it comes to dressing because it's not urban or trendy and I'd get a lot of unwanted negative attention. Perhaps the problem is really with me and my confidence but even so... I'd like to see some hip person from some hip place come here and not eventually succumb to the stares and tone it down!

And you should do the pink!

Anonymous said...

My favorite is the Lisa Frank look. I love the two-tone thing. But maybe consider some other colors, like Apple Green? Or maybe a bright neon orange.