Wednesday, May 28, 2008

cry baby



what better way to kick off the new blog than a fashion inspiration postt! in the past few weeks since summer started, i've found that i'm far more inspired without school breathing down my neck. for example the other day on a warm & lazy morning i stumbled across the John Water's film Cry Baby on my OnDemand. Directed by the infamous director of Hairspray and Female Trouble, set in the 1950's and starring Iggy Pop, Ricki Lake & a young Johnny Depp, i was convinced it would be a good way to spend a few hours. Needless to say, my head has been dancing with images of candy-bright colors, va-va-oom curves and mile-high hair ever since. 


reason #1 to watch the movie: young Johhny Depp as Cry Baby, a tough guy with a soft side. delicious.



reason #2 (and the real reason inspiration for this post) : the absolutely fabulous style of Wanda Woodwand, a bad blonde bombshell in stillettos and leather. She's a real heartbreaker, with a sweet pout and a rotten mouth, this girl is seriously sexy.


and of course, my polyvore ensemble dedicated to the genius of Ms. Woodwand:



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! Cry Baby! I watched the play at the La Jolla Playhouse, & now it's on Broadway I believe. Great costumes. Although I think the songs are different from the movie, the Fountains of Wayne guy did some of them.

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute... have you ever noticed how much Audrey Tatou and Johnny Depp look alike? I hadn't, until I saw those two pice. She is beautiful. And he is amazingly sexy, even if he is a bit of a 'pretty boy'. :)